An app is a natural extension to your website. There are a lot of different ways that a business website could utilise an app – and it’s a good way to boost the effectiveness of your web presence. Which is why making sure to hire an expert app development in UK or any other place near you should be your first step. There are many people who find that they want more attention and a better performance onlineugh traction.
However, there are many things you can do to make your web presence better. The first thing to do is create a great website using CloudSite. It’s very simple to create a great site, but you might find an app can help too.
There are many ways to make an app, you could find a developer for your app – or even make one yourself. But for now, let’s explore the features of a successful app and ask why it’s such a good option.
What Makes And App Work?
Well, there are too many things to say. There are many types of app that are hugely popular. Whether that’s a productivity app or a game – or perhaps a social media app for your phone or tablet, there are many factors at play.
Fundamentally however, successful apps feature the following:
- They Serve A Purpose Well – If your app has a goal that it achieves very well, people are much more likely to find it appealing.
- They Serve A Range Of Devices – Most apps are cross-platform, which helps their success as it can be delivered to a broader range of users.
- They Are Free (Kind Of) – Most of the successful apps are free, or at least have some kind of functionality that is free with a ‘Premium’ option available too.
Writing for Forbes in 2013 online jewellery boutique guru Avid Larizadeh extolled the virtues of apps saying “An app can push information to your users, adjust to slow data speeds and create a cleaner, more inspiring visual experience. In addition, an app may open you up to a new set of customers”. So it’s clear to see that there’s great potential in an app.
How Could I Use An App For My Website?
You might just have a very simple site that serves as a kind of sophisticated calling card, as a result you might ask yourself ‘Why do I need an app?’. Well, the fact of the matter is that you don’t need a hugely complicated website to have an app – literally any business can make use of them.
Apps can be very small in size and loyal customers or fans will appreciate a well-made app. If you’re not immediately sure how you would use an app for your business website take a look at the following:
- Keep It Social – Do you have a Facebook or Twitter page for your business? With an app you can keep all of that information in one place and make it a one-stop-shop for all of your outreach.
- Make A Game Of It – It’s really easy to make your app fun. You could utilise some kind of in-app game, or just make it fun to use with cool animations and menu screens so that it’s pleasing to the eye. Even providing some Wordscape answers to users as a reward for completing a level is a great way to increase engagement.
- Provide A Service – If you provide a function on your website, like booking a table at a restaurant or ordering some kind of product, creating an app based way to do this is a wonderful technique for providing your customers with what they need.
If you’ve got a website, you can easily benefit from an app in a number of ways, there are many approaches so even if you think that your business might not need one – you can still create a great app that enhances your business.
What Do Apps Give You That A Website Can’t?
You’d be forgiven for asking the question ‘what does an app do that a website doesn’t?’. Well there are a number of things that an app can do a lot better than a website. It’s true that everyone has smartphone or tablet for the most part, and they have access to web-browsers on those devices, so you could say that responsive mobile-friendly design that CloudSite delivers is good enough.
Whilst responsive design is good, and essential now that Google penalises sites that aren’t mobile-friendly, however there are some very important things that an app can do, which a website can’t. Let’s explore a few of them:
- Device Dedicated – Websites are flexible, as such they are viewable on any device. Be that a laptop, a desktop, a phone or a tablet – but apps are device specific. As such you can design an app to be utilised for a specific device and make the most of it’s technology.
- Accessibility – Whatever way you look at it, clicking a button on your phone to access an app is simpler than opening up a browser, entering in a URL and navigating to a site. Apps provide instantaneous access to a large range of services, and this accessibility makes them very convenient.
- Personalisation – If you’ve got users coming back again and again, then using an app is an easy way to give them a personalised experience every time they use your app. Logins, preferences and accounts can be saved within the app for convenience to the user.
There are just so many possibilities that an app can deliver that it’s a great idea to have one. In any case, you can keep yourself ahead of the curve by utilising an app that really enhances your web presence.
Business Apps For Business Websites
There are a huge amount ways that a business can be more connected, but an app is a very good way to do that. So, when you build your business website using CloudSite make sure that you consider an app for more all-round connectivity.
Thanks for reading. Don’t forget to check out the rest of our blog for more great news and information.